Wednesday 7 March 2012

Garden Birds screenprints

I decided as an extra project to do some more realistic drawings because this is something else I really enjoy doing. I drew some garden birds and decided to make them into screenprints. I've made individual prints of each bird and also posters with them all together and with each bird's name next to it. (Pictures of those to come later.) Some have been left black and white and others with limited colours just because I liked the way they looked at that stage! 43 layers later and here they are...!

 Blue tit





 Robin




Bullfinch




 Blackbird




 Chaffinch





Sparrow




Wren


I plan on making a colouring-in book for children with the black and white images and a natural history information book with the full colour ones. The prints are also available to purchase with or without a plain white mount.
 
 

2 comments: